Thursday, February 16, 2012

Disconnected Connection


We’re marionettes dangling from intertwining strings
Those strings sometimes collide, but never connect
I’ve tried for so long to tie us in knots
But you’ve tried for so long to untangle the mess

My strings sometimes soak in a melancholic substance
And after all these years, they’ve become withered and frail
                        Snapping when hurricanes blow and sweep connections away
Some days I withdraw my strings
            Hoping you will wonder where they went
                        But those days you find other strings
                                    And tie new knots for a stronger connection


If only my strings could withstand the hot, stormy days
            So they can connect on the cool, mild nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment